TreasuryDirect for...

  • Individual
    • Learn about purchasing & holding Treasury Securities
    • Set up an online account
  • Institutional
    • Access data & rules on securities auctions
    • Obtain information about Treasury securities
  • Government
    • Invest through the Federal Investments program
    • Purchase & manage SLGS
    • Borrow from the Treasury or liquidate securities

How to Request Changes in Information Issued by the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service)

The Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service) offers this website on Information Quality Guidelines, under the provisions of the Treasury and General Government Appropriations Act (P.L. 106-554), and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) government-wide guidance. The administrative correction mechanisms outlined in the guidelines apply to information disseminated by the Department on or after October 1, 2002, regardless of when it was first disseminated.

Note: For issues or questions that are not data quality related, such as questions about savings bonds, Treasury bills, notes, bonds or Treasury Inflation-protected securities (TIPS), please select an address from our Contact Us page.

Because of policies and guidelines from OMB, Fiscal Service takes great care to ensure that the information we present is of quality, objectivity, utility, and integrity. This is especially important when the information is "influential" - that is, information that someone might rely on to make a financial decision (for example, statistical or financial information).

If you think the information that we issue may not be of quality, objectivity, utility, or integrity, please follow the steps below to contact us to voice your concerns:

  • Tell us exactly what information you want us to review, clarify, or correct.
  • Tell us where the information is found (Internet, Investor Brochure, and the like) and, if available, the date we issued it.
  • Specify the error(s) that we should review, clarify, or correct and provide us with a proposed clarification, correction or other remedy.
  • Provide us with your name and full mailing address so that we can reply to you.

You can provide this information to us in one of the three ways:

*Mail:Bureau of the Fiscal Service
Assistant Commissioner Office
Office of Management Services
200 Third Street, Avery 5th Floor
Parkersburg, WV 26106-5312

We will work hard to respond promptly to your petition. Please understand that it may take us some time to research the clarification, correction or remedy you suggest. We will send you our decision in writing by mail in 60 calendar days.

View the current Requests for Correction (RFC) and Requests for Reconsideration (RFR) submitted to Fiscal Service.

How to appeal Fiscal Service's decision on an information quality petition

If we find that your suggested clarification, correction or other remedy is not needed or appropriate, you may appeal our decision in 45 calendar days after you get our written response.

Send your appeal by one of the methods listed above and clearly mark it, "Information Quality Appeal."

We will notify you in writing by mail of our decision on your appeal in 60 calendar days after we receive it.

Peer Review

Based on the review it has conducted, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service believes that it does not currently produce or sponsor the distribution of influential scientific information (including highly influential scientific assessments) within the definitions promulgated by OMB. As a result, at this time Fiscal Service has no agenda of forthcoming influential scientific disseminations to post on its website in accordance with OMB's Information Quality Bulletin for Peer Review.